The Crosstown is one of the many projects of Metrolinx’s The Big Move. The Big Move is a 25-year, $50 billion plan that will transform regional transportation across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Region.
Tunnel Invert Concrete Pour at Allen Rd and Eglinton
What Work is Taking Place?
- To prepare for track and system installation in the new LRT tunnels, concrete must be poured to form the foundation of the track. The site of the future Cedarvale will be used as the access points to the tunnels.
- Trucks will access the tunnel shafts from both the east and west sides of Allen Road, pump concrete into a pipe, and drive the concrete down the tunnel to where it will be poured into place.
- This work is expected to begin as early as March 27, 2017 and last for be approximately 4-5 months.
- Work can be expected between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM, 6 days a week (Monday to Saturday).
- The contractor may not always work during the permitted hours, but may do so at its discretion.
- Work outside these hours may be required for other construction activities. This information will be communicated separately. Work may be delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
What to Expect
- Nearby residents and businesses can expect noise in the area caused by loaders, trucks and other construction equipment, as well as dust from drilling activity and debris removal.
- Heavy truck traffic entering and exiting the work zone (approximately 1-2 trucks every hour).
- In addition to construction activity, residents can expect to see equipment and material storage within designated work zones.
- For safety purposes, metal fencing will be erected around the work zone and there will be dust control measures in place.
Concrete Pour Locations
Noise Mitigation Efforts
- White noise/broadband back-up alarms on all equipment/trucks. Broadband back-up alarms, unlike traditional truck back-up alarms, are only heard within the hazard area.
- Sound barrier enclosure will be installed around the ventilation fans, pipe, and concrete truck pump out area.
For more information, please contact Stas Ukhanov at the West Community Office.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to build this important project.
Please support your local businesses during construction.
Sign up at www.thecrosstown.ca/sign-up or download the aCrosstown traffic app to get real-time traffic information for the Eglinton corridor.