The Crosstown will link to 54 local bus routes, three TTC interchange subway stations and GO Transit.
Dewatering System at Laird Station
Installation of the dewatering system designed for Laird Station is underway and surface installations will begin as early as late April 2017. Dewatering systems involve controlling groundwater by pumping to locally lower groundwater levels in the vicinity of the excavation. The specific dewatering system for each station is selected based on local soil conditions as well as existing groundwater levels.
The dewatering system at Laird Station is being installed and will be functioning for the duration of the construction. Major construction activities are done from the tunnels underground without impact in the surface. However, over the next 3 months, some short duration work above ground will occur to install well points, piping and additional boreholes to connect and pump water between both entrances and between tunnel and surface.
Impacts related to this work will include lane closures and sidewalk closures. Details on impacts related to this work will be communicated prior to works.
Hours of Work/ What to Expect
- Installation works will occur during permitted hours between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- This work may be rescheduled due to weather or unforeseen circumstances
- Dewatering systems operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Dewatering system is operating from within the existing tunnels.
- As installation works take place, short duration pedestrian and traffic impacts are to be expected and will be communicated separately as the work progresses.
- Once installation is complete and the dewatering system is in operation, no pedestrian or traffic impacts are to be expected.
For more information, please contact Heather Glicksman at the East Community Office.
Thank you for your patience as we work to build this important project.
Please support your local businesses during construction.